This is a video from Mark Jeffries (@Markjeffries1) at one of the largest Marketing Executive conferences in San Diego a few weeks ago.
Mark hit a great nerve with his talk when he spoke about the importance of your personal online brand besides your business brand:
Most important bits Mark talks about
- Building your online brand aside from your business brand is more vital then ever.
- A great example of a perfectly executed online brand that Mark mentions is Daniel Sharkov:
- Tools to use for a better online brand Mark mentions: Shoutomatic, SocialCam, Buffer,
- You create and build up your social currency via Klout and other measurements, that can be crucial for easy finding for jobs and contracts
- The power of moving from being a great listener to a great curator.
Personally, I find this topic fascinating. Investing time in building my own personal brand next to our business brand is something that I find incredibly important.
A great recent post from one of my favorite bloggers Mark W Schaefer also talked about exactly that, discussing how many Twitter accounts you should have. Making this effort as efficient and seamless as you can possibly do is crucial in order to keep the Tweets flowing.
Mark’s suggestions are a fantastic starting point for this.
Over to you now. Do you think it is important to create a powerful online brand besides your business brand?